We are based at 38 St Neots Rd, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 7BD. Eaton Ford is the sister church of Berkley Street, being just the other side of the River Great Ouse. Both churches are led by Revd Tricia Williams.
Sunday worship at 10.30 am, this is led by various ministers and Local Preachers from week to week. Holy Communion is celebrated regularly and is open to ‘all who love God’. A wheelchair is available for anyone requiring assistance. The Chapel is also fitted with a loop system and large print service and hymn books are readily available.
As Methodists we try to reflect in our lives the love that God wishes to share with all people. In worship, we give thanks to God who loves us and has set us in this world of possibilities. We give thanks for one another. We pray that God will continue to sustain and enable everyone to live fulfilled lives.
All members of the church family are allocated to the special care of a Pastoral Visitor who assists the minister with the pastoral care. The minister and other members of the church are always happy to meet requests for home visits. A card is available in church to request a visit, please feel free to fill one in and hand it to one of the stewards or phone either the Minister, Senior Steward or Vivien Almond.
BAPTISMS (see Christenings)
WEDDINGS (see Weddings)
The church is available for funeral, memorial and thanksgiving services. Please contact the Minister to discuss the arrangements.
HIRE OF PREMISES
Our church and meeting rooms are available for private functions and community groups by arrangement with the Bookings Secretary, Philip Prince on 01480 810899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOOD NEWS LIBRARY
Meets on the first Tuesday each month 10.30 – 12.00 at 9 Crecy Court, Eaton Ford. Hosted by Dennis and Betty Connor. The Good News library team come in van bringing a selection of Christian books, DVD’s and other resources that may be borrowed free of charge, without time limit. Everyone is welcome to come and browse the books, chat and share coffee/tea and biscuits.
TAKE A BREAK - FREE COFFEE AND CAKE
First Saturday of the month 10.30am – 12.00 noon at the church. Is ‘what is says on the label’ everyone welcome, come alone or bring a friend, enjoy company, chat and refreshments.
A BRIEF HISTORY
A society in Eaton Ford was present during the 1890’s meeting in a bakers shop and then various cottages whilst attempts were made to buy a piece of land suitable for Chapel, in 1865 a Sunday school was started with Mr Wells as a superintendent. After a great deal of disappointment a suitable plot was found and with a day of great celebration the foundation stone was laid on 28 October 1870. The opening services lasted over three Sundays beginning on 19 March 1871, the two main ministers involved in the building of Eaton Ford were Oliver Jackson and Brownley Westbrook, they preached on the morning and evening of the first Sunday.
The Chapel was extended with the purchase of extra land in 1893. In 1983 major renovation work took place with the removal of the pews and pulpit and the moving of the organ from the back to the front, since which alterations have been made to bring the building in line with the Disability Act.